Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Life's a beach!!!



I came across this picture recently. It's a picture of me awhile back at a women's week long surf camp in Oregon, it was one of the best weeks of my life! The beach, the sun, waves and a group of unforgettable women(who I still keep in touch with). I would highly recommend it.


I don't usually like pictures taken of me but for some reason I like this one. I think it's because I'm "really" smiling. The photographer shot this after I caught my first wave. What a rush!
Things weren't easy then for this stressed out stay at home mother. I had 3 young kids and a husband who traveled almost weekly. Unfortunately, smiles(from me) were hard to come by. The days were LONG and nights were LONGER.

Several years later I'm smiling, but this time it's at how far I've come. My "baby" started kindergarten this fall and I have six hours a day to myself. My hubby still travels tons but we're closer than we've ever been.

I guess it's really all about perspective, and now I'm looking ahead with an open mind and a thankful heart to whatever comes my way;)

No comments:

Post a Comment